Monday 1 March 2010

NIKKOR 70-200mm VR

Wow, I love this lens....

It's amazing the quality of images one can get with a pro-grade lens. While consumer grade lenses today are very good, I've never been totally happy them. My 18-200mm VR which I take on my travels is a fantastic walk-around lens but the images I felt have always lacked that "wow" factor. Okay I must admit, alot of that has to do with my picture taking I'm sure. However, I think it's fairly obvious the images just don't pop the same way images taken from pro-grade lenses do.

With this 70-200mmVR, the images are just as sharp as my prime 50mm.





Tack sharp at 100% crop. (And this was shot in jpeg, not RAW!!)




It's a lovely protraiture lens...




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! nice pics! must take nice photos on my wedding day, ok? ;)

WAYNE SEOW said...

Oh, I'm sure there'll be a few nice ones....maybe even better than your photographers...ahem! ;)

kimtojin said...

I totally agree with you, once you use pro-glass, there is no turning back! I am sure you will have better shots, especially if they use Pentax :)

WAYNE SEOW said...

Pentax....pffft! The photographic equivalent of a Hyundai :)