Saturday 30 January 2010

Cooking with Nico Moretti

Last night, Laura (my fellow foodie) and I, attended another Nico Moretti cooking class. This time it was italian. Learning how to make fresh pasta and gnocchi was something I'd wanted to do for a long time....
What made it even more special about this class was that we were going to learn these skills from 2 guest chefs, Sergio Bongini & Stefano Arnetoli from Villa Fabbronni in the Chianti Region of Tuscany. Yes, real italians.



What followed was a really informative and interesting night. We ate, we learnt, and we ate a whole lot more. I don't know yet how much I can transfer my new found knowledge into my own cooking skills, but my goodness, there's nothing like freshly made gnochhi and pasta... and the ossobuco...to die for!!

Menu for the night:

Antipasta - Bruschetta al pomodoro
Crostoni con Funghi

Pasta - Gnocchi
Tagliatelle ragu alla Bolognese (pasta with bolognese sauce)
Ravioli all'arancio (ravioli with orange)

Secondo Piatto - Osso buco alla milanese con piselli (osso buco with peas)

Dessert - Classic Tuscan Tiramisu



Love italian food (and shoes, but that's a topic for another day).

No comments: