Saturday 3 July 2010

Steph & Ken



My friend Steph would have been anxiously checking the weather forecast days before the wedding. She needn't have worried as it turned out to be a picture perfect day. For me it was a day to enjoy the sunshine and shoot a few photographs. 


These weddings I love because not only do I get to enjoy seeing friends get married, but I also get to take pictures with no stress and no pressure to get results. Not being the official photographer makes me essentially invisible and I can shoot in a more candid fashion which I enjoy very much. Fly-on-the-wall photography. Sure, you don't always get the best vantage points, bodies get in the way and you occasionally get swatted away by the real photographer, but the results are more natural and occasionally surprising.
























S & K, congratulations! It was a beautiful day :)


No comments: